The new Teufel ROCKSTER AIR 2 is a (just barely) portable Bluetooth speaker, with several physical inputs also available.
According to the manufacturer, the Teufel ROCKSTER AIR 2 can ‘provide optimal sound for the biggest parties with its imposing bass sound and crystal-clear high tones. The speaker can play music streams via Bluetooth and offers parallel connections for a microphone, a musical instrument, and external sound carriers. All four channels can be mixed as desired. With its lithium iron phosphate battery (LiFePO4), the speaker offers a working time of up to 58 hours at medium volume (approximately 65 dB per square meter). Even at maximum volume, one battery charge is good for over five hours of unrestrained party power. It is also possible to connect the speaker to a car battery using a seperately available cable. Four handles make the over 14-kilo speaker comfortably portable for one or two people. Speaking of two: it is possible to wirelessly connect two ROCKSTER AIR 2s to form a stereo set.’
Loud or Soft(er)
The Berliners continue their announcement: ‘An accurate reproduction of high tones and a rich bass sound are part of the ROCKSTER DNA. The AIR 2 is no exception. It remains loyal to the acoustic two-way design of a tweeter and a 10-inch driver. Compared to its predecessor, the tweeter offers a wider dispersion range for high tones, making voice sound optimally intelligible even for listeners with their backs to the speaker. The new midrange woofer delivers a balanced and punchy bass sound and a crystal-clear reproduction of mid-tones. The sound remains balanced and distortion-free even at maximum volume. The ROCKSTER AIR 2 also delivers convincing performance with restrained music.’
More than just Bluetooth
In addition to the Bluetooth input, there it’s possible to connect external sound sources (3.5mm mini-jack), instruments (6.3mm), and microphones (XLR). All four inputs can be mixed together with separate, illuminated controls on the back of the device. The speaker lends itself to both spontaneous jam sessions with guitars and a microphone as well as karaoke sessions in private, the manufacturer promises.
Facts at a Glance
- Portable Bluetooth speaker for lively events: music, performing arts, parties, concerts, speeches, and performances: battery-powered and ready to use
- Balanced hi-fi sound with a deep kick bass and good impulse response
- Volume: 103 dB (RMS, 1 m) and 115 dB (peak, 1 m)
- HD compression driver with constant direction-sensitive waveguide for sparkling, silky high tones, even at high volumes
- Wide dispersion behavior for optimal intelligible speech reproduction regardless of the listener’s position
- Extra-long 250 mm woofer with distortion suppression of the diaphragm, a clear punch, and natural mid-tones
- Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX, aptX HD, and AAC for lossless wireless sound transmission from iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux
- Ability to wirelessly connect two ROCKSTER AIR 2s into a stereo set or connect up to 10 speakers with XLR cables to a mixing panel
- Inputs for Bluetooth, a microphone, and a musical instrument, plus an AUX input, each mixable with its volume control
- High-quality lithium iron phosphate battery (7.8 Ah, 99 Wh) with deep discharge protection; can be replaced in a flash without tools
- A battery life of over 5 hours at maximum volume and over 58 hours at room volume (65 dB/1m)
- Can be used on mains power without a battery; ability to connect to a 12 V car battery
- Control panel with illuminated controls, waterproof according to the IPX4 standard
- Four handles facilitate transport, alone or with two people
- USB-C power bank function, tripod adapter with a diameter of 35 mm
The ROCKSTER AIR 2 is available for pre-order directly from the manufacturer’s website for a price of 699.99 euros. Delivery is planned for early September.